Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Migration on Cisco UCS
23-Dec-2014 – 23-Dec-2014
Microsoft has announced that it will stop support for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 on July 15, 2015.
After this date, updates will no longer be available and businesses will become exposed to compliance and security risks. Anticipating wide-scale changes before the deadline, Cisco and Microsoft have teamed up to provide the best single-platform solution on the market.
This is the perfect time to upgrade to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, a system that was designed for visualisation from the ground up. Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System) is deeply integrated with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Hyper-V and Microsoft PowerShell. Cisco UCS and Cisco Nexus provide the optimal infrastructure for deploying and managing a Microsoft private or hybrid cloud.
Now is the time to switch to Cisco UCS
- Consolidate servers to reduce power consumption, cabling costs and rack space.
- Remove expensive third-party virtualisation licenses with Windows Server 2012 R2's built-in capabilities and flexible licenses.
- Use multiple promotions or trade-in programs to optimise your offer
- Configure servers in minutes with Cisco UCS Manager service profiles, Microsoft System Center and PowerShell.
- Use a single tool to manage physical and virtual servers with the integrated Cisco UCS Manager and Microsoft System Center.
- Combine LAN, SAN, and management cabling into 10 Gigabit Ethernet Unified Switching architecture.
- Automate operations with Cisco UCS PowerTool for Microsoft System Center and PowerShell.
- Virtualise on your terms with Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch for Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Improve application performance with more than 90 industry benchmarks set by Cisco UCS.
Reach your goals with us!
Westcon can help you build and implement a complete hardware stack with Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus, X-IO, NetApp and Panduit to fit your business needs.